Brewers Brawl 2011 at the Lansdale Beer Fest
Brewers: If you keg your beer, you can compete for fame and prizes at the 2011 Lansdale Beer Fest! This will be a truly democratic competition where the devoted beer festival attendees get their say.
How it Works
Each attendee to the Lansdale Beer Fest will receive 10 voting tickets for the KO competition. During the fest they can try out as many of the competing beers as they like and express their preference by depositing their 10 tickets into the ballot boxes for their favorite beers, divided up however they choose. They can choose to place one ticket into each of 10 different boxes, or they can vote 10 times for their runaway favorite. In the end, the beer with the most votes will be declared “Lansdale’s Favorite Homebrew 2011″.
Official Rules for Entries (The Competition Organizer may bend the rules as needed, at his discretion.)
1. Beer must be presented in full, or almost-full, 5-gallon kegs. Minimum weight is 42 pounds (no cheating!).
2. The entry fee is $0.00. That’s right, FREE.
3. Beers need not be entered in a specific BJCP category; they will be judged with tastiness as the primary merit.
4. All beers must pass a qualifying taste test prior to the event. Only beers that are determined by the Keystone tasting panel to be “fault free” will be allowed to compete. A cold, ready-to-be-tasted sample (from the actual keg to be served at the fest) must be submitted to Keystone Homebrew Montgomeryville, along with a completed Entry Form, at one the following times for pre-approval:
Thursday, June 16 from 5-9PM (the night of the Keystone Hops Meeting)
Tuesday, June 21 from 5-7PM
Wednesday, June 22 from 5-7PM
5. The day of the event the Brewers must supply complete dispensing equipment (including a CO2 supply) for their beer. Ice will be provided.
6. Each Brewer is allowed to enter 1 and only 1 beer.
7. Each Brewer is allowed to serve their beer from only one 5 gallon keg (so make sure it’s full).
Each Brewer will receive 1 free pass to the Lansdale Beer Festival, and will be allowed in ONE HOUR EARLY to explore the beer fest before the hordes arrive. Voting will begin at 1:30 and will end at approximately 3:30 PM on the day of the fest, and the winner will be announced at approximately 4PM.
1st Place will receive a $200 gift Certificate to Keystone Homebrew
2nd Place will receive a $100 gift Certificate.
3rd Place will receive a $50 gift Certificate.