2012 Brewers Brawl at The Lansdale Beer Festival
Keystone Homebrew’s epic keg only homebrew competition is back! Brewers battle it out for fortune and glory with their weapons of choice: 5-gallon corny kegs full (or nearly full) of beer, mead, or cider, with faucet attached. The top ten beers will be selected by popular vote at the June meeting of the Keystone Hops homebrew club (Round 1). The winning brewers must be willing to have their beer served at the Lansdale Beer Fest (Round 2) on Saturday, June 23. Even if you don’t keg your beer, you can still come to the club meeting and/or the festival — remember, everyone gets to judge!
How it Works
Each attendee to the Lansdale Beer Fest will receive 1 voting ticket for the KO competition. During the fest they can try out as many of the competing beers as they like and vote for their favorite. In the end, the beer with the most votes will be declared “Lansdale’s Favorite Homebrew 2012″.
Official Rules for Entries (The Competition Organizer may bend the rules as needed, at his discretion.)
1. Beer must be presented in full, or almost-full, 5-gallon kegs. Minimum weight is 42 pounds (no cheating!).
2. The entry fee is $0.00. That’s right, FREE.
3. Beers need not be entered in a specific BJCP category; they will be judged with tastiness as the primary merit.
4. A cold, ready-to-be-tasted sample (from the actual keg to be served at the fest) must be submitted at the June 21 meeting of the Keystone Hops Homebrew Club at Keystone Homebrew in Montgomeryville, along with a completed Entry Form.
5. The day of the event the Brewers must supply complete dispensing equipment (including a CO2 supply) for their beer. Ice will be provided.
6. Each Brewer is allowed to enter 1 and only 1 beer.
7. Each Brewer is allowed to serve their beer from only one 5 gallon keg (so make sure it’s full).
All 10 Round 1 winners will receive a $25 gift certificate to Keystone Homebrew, a free Keystone shirt, and a free pass into the VIP session of the Lansdale Beer Festival, which will allow admittance ONE HOUR EARLY to explore the beer fest before the hordes arrive. Voting will begin at 1:30 and will end at approximately 3:30 PM on the day of the fest, and the winner will be announced at approximately 4PM.
1st Place will receive a $200 gift Certificate to Keystone Homebrew
2nd Place will receive a $100 gift Certificate.
3rd Place will receive a $50 gift Certificate.