Knowing acidity levels is important before, during, and post primary fermentation.
Adjustment of acid levels is important to optimize extraction of flavor components prior to fermentation.
During fermentation adjustment of acid levels helps to control the process.
Post fermentation, management of acid levels leads to proper taste balance by detecting any acidity losses during aging.
Post fermentation monitoring of acid levels can also be used to follow undesirable changes caused by yeast or bacteria.
The Titratable Acidity Kit has a range of 4.0 11.0 g/L as tartaric acid.
REASONS TO USE TITRATABLE ACIDITY TESTS:
1) Tests can be used for both red and white wines, and require NO adjustments or pretreatments. The test formula has been adjusted to accommodate colored samples.
2) Monitoring allows the detection of problems when they are small and require less expensive and extensive intervention.
3) Monitor TA to ensure mouthfeel, a wine that smoothly slides over the tongue.
4) Monitor TA to ensure taste, complementary characters are allowed to come out.
5) Monitor TA to allow wines to be themselves: Robust wines to be robust, Delicate wines to be delicate, and Sweet wines to be sweet.