The Vinmetrica SC-300 Pro Kit improves on the SC-300. Includes everything in the SC-300 Kit plus an Electrode Holder, 25 mL Glass Burette, Magnetic Stirrer, Double Burette Clamp, Lab Support Stand and Rinse Bottle.
One lean, mean wine analyzing machine.The SC-300 combines the SO2 detection of the SC-100 and the pH/TA analysis of the SC-200 into one power-packed instrument.
It’s built on the same hardware and software as our other two analyzers, so the accuracy is superb. And it’s just as easy to use! The audible buzzer and visual stop light will automatically let you know when you’re tests are done!
Because it does not rely on a color change, the SC-300 eliminates the guesswork in Ripper sulfite tests, especially in red wines!
Complete Wine Testing Kit: Includes Everything Needed to Analyze Sulfite (SO2), pH and TA (Titratable Acidity) levels in Your Wines & Musts:
– The SC-300 SO2 & pH/TA Meter
– SO2 & pH/TA reagent sets
– Two titration beakers
– Two 5 mL syringes
– Two transfer pipettes
– a SO2 electrode
– a pH electrode
– 25 mL sampling pipette (for SO2)
– 5 mL sampling pipette (for pH/TA)
– The Vinmetrica SC-300 Manual
– The Lab Support Stand
– Vinmetrica Electrode Holder
– The Double Burette Clamp
– Magnetic Stirrer
– Rinse Bottle
– A Small Tube of Burette Detergent
– 25 mL Glass Burette
– Sensitivity: detects less than 2 ppm Free or Total SO2 in a 25 mL sample
– Accuracy: +/- 2 ppm Free or Total SO2
– pH range: 1.0 to 13.
– Accuracy: better than 0.02 pH unit.
– Autocalibrate on pH 3.00, 4.01, 7.00, 10.00
– TA mode: Accuracy: +/- 0.2 g/L Tartaric acid.
– Sensitivity: Detects down to 0.2 g/L Tartaric Acid
Additional Tests: The SC-300 can also perform tests for residual sugar and dissolved oxygen with the addition of the Vinmetrica Residual Sugar Assay and Vinmetrica Dissolved Oxygen System.
A Quick Overview Wine Analysis Procedures with the SC-300:
Easy SO2 Test
1. Press the power button, change to SO2 mode and press enter.
2. Attach SO2 electrode. Draw up 5 mL of titrant into the syringe and place 25 mL of wine in beaker.
3. Add ~2 mL of the acidifier and ~2 mL of the reactant to wine.
4. Place and hold the SO2 electrode in the wine sample and swirl beaker.
5. Add titrant from syringe dropwise until 15 second long endpoint signal reached.
6. Multiply the titration volume by 20, the SO2 conversion factor, results in ppm Free SO2.
Simple pH Test:
1. Attach the pH electrode, set aside storage solution, rinse with DI water and blot gently with a paper towel.
2. Press the power button then press the Mode button and switch the SC-300 into Cal mode.
3. Calibrate using the pH 4 and pH 7 reference standards provided. Put the SC-300 in pH mode.
4. Take a 5 mL sample of wine, place it in the beaker. Take a pH reading.
Accurate TA Test:
1. For the TA test, withdraw 5 mL of the TA Titrant with the syringe.
2. Take 5 mL wine sample and add ~15 mL of deionized water.
3. Put SC-300 into TA mode, place clean pH electrode gently in solution.
4. Add TA Titrant from the syringe dropwise until the endpoint is reached indicatedwith the visual and audible signals. Record the volume (in mL) of titrant used.
5. Multiply the titration volume by 2, the TA conversion factor,results in g/L Tartaric Acid.