Very clean crisp flavor characteristics. Low fruitiness and mild ester production. Slightly citrus like with cool 60-66°F, (15-19°C) fermentation temperatures. Versatile yeast, which produces many beer styles allowing malt and hop character to dominate the beer profile. Flocculation is moderate, and improves with dark malts in grain bill. Normally requires filtration for bright beers. DE or Pad filtration recommended.
- Probable origin: Balentine India Pale Ale, USA
- Beer Styles: American Pale, Brown Ales, Porters, Stouts, IPA’s
- Commercial examples may include: Sierra Nevada Ales, Belentine IPA, and St. Louis Pale Ale, Flatlanders
- Flocculation: low to medium
- Apparent attenuation: 73-77%
- Temperature Range: 60-72°F (15-22°C)
- Alcohol Tolerance: 11% ABV
Activator packages are designed for direct inoculation of 5 gallons of standard wort. Activator packages contain at least 100 billion live yeast cells in a liquid slurry. This yeast slurry is packaged in an optimum condition for storage, while maintaining the ability for rapid and complete fermentation.