This fantastic beer, brewed by Keith Seguine of Woodbridge, New Jersey, captured Best of Show at the War of the Worts.
- 8 lbs. pale ale malt
- ½ lb. crystal malt 60°L
- ½ lb. Carapils malt
- ½ lb. Victory malt
- ½ lb. Briess Special Roast
- 3 oz. roasted barley
- ¾ oz. Centennial hop pellets (9% AA) 60 min.
- ½ oz. Williamette whole hops (5.5 % AA) 45 min.
- ½ oz. Williamette whole hops (5.5 % AA) 30 min.
- ½ oz. Williamette whole hops (5.5 % AA) 15 min.
Keith mashed at 154°F and fermented with a large quantity of Wyeast’s American Ale yeast (1056).
Extract brewers should be able to make a reasonable approximation of this recipe by substituting a 4 lb. can of Alexander’s pale malt extract and 2 lbs. of Muntons light dry malt extract for the 8 lbs. of pale ale malt.